Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Busyness

My hiatus from my blog was unintentional. The busyness of life consumed me: homeschool preparations, an elderly parent to tend to, helping my oldest find a new place to live (her rent is going up) and other responsibilities...

This is the time of year when I have to keep my envy in check. Many of the blogs I read are heralding the arrival of fall, while we are still sweltering in the 90s (*F) and will be for some time. And now that we are receiving rain after a long summer drought, the mosquito population has exploded. Stepping in and out of the doors causes the entire family to wince as we dash through the hovering hoards.

Once September arrives my anticipation for the fall season grows. I have two good sized boxes labeled "Fall Décor". I use the month of September to deep clean and purge while I sprinkle bits of fall goodness everywhere. My excitement for the season arrives before the weather accommodates me.

When people ask what my favorite holiday is, I respond with, "Halloween." And it's not because we celebrate Halloween. My children are older now and couldn't be bothered with the idea or excitement of dressing up or gathering candy. It is because the temperatures have cooled down enough that it actually feels like fall and I am anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do,
there was a moment just before you began to eat it
which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
~ Winnie the Pooh
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment